You Can Have Soft Water No Matter Where You Live!
During my research when putting this website together, it seemed to me that more and more people are suffering the effects of hard water. Why hard water is becoming more common place, I can only speculate about but it does mean the market for water softeners is growing year on year.
So, other than reviews on water filtration systems or descalers, I thought it prudent to add some information on whole house water softeners.
We all know the effects hard water can have. It leaves residue everywhere that’s not easy to clean, your pipes and water based appliances in the home get clogged up and need replacing more often than they should, and for those of you that have really hard water, working up a nice froth with your shower gel can be a real chore!
For these reasons, I have decided to let you in on the Fleck 5600SXT 48,000 grain water softener (also available in different sizes).
I have to say, this is probably one of my top picks when you’re looking for a water softener for your home, and you prefer one that’s salt based.
- Using an ion exchange process system, this unit from Fleck will eliminate both calcium and magnesium from your water (the main culprits for hard water).
- You benefit from a meter based regeneration system, which means the unit automatically measures the amount of water you use and only regenerates when it needs to. What’s clever about this little feature is should you suddenly start to use more water, it will adjust accordingly.
- The SXT controller is a very nice touch from the manufacturer, it is the latest piece of technology to be added to their water softeners. It comes with some great features like touchpad controls, LCD display, user friendly interface and best of all, a 48 hour internal power backup. Controllers can be an issue with this type of water softener but the manufacturer is so confident about the SXT they give a 5 year warranty.
- The tank is made in the USA (you will be pleased to know). It’s made from highly durable polyglass and comes with a 10 year warranty.
- The brine tank that’s included with this water softener can hold a massive 250lbs of pelted salt.
- Unlike many other models, this unit has a safety float which will prevent overflows and unwanted mess (which is never convenient).
What Types of Household Is This Unit Perfect For?
Well, any type of household to be honest. It doesn’t matter if your water source comes from a well, or if you live in an inner city area where the water is especially hard, this unit will do away with all the problems associated with it.
In fact, if you have between 3 and 6 people in your home, and the levels of water hardness are moderate to severe, this unit is definitely worth thinking about.
Well, there are other models on the market that may be slightly cheaper, but not many of them come with the extended warranties you get with this softener, plus the manufacturer has an excellent reputation for customer service (should you need it).
If you’re interested in finding out more, these are available at my favorite online retail store, Amazon.